Teaching Experience Programme
Oaklands Catholic School – Teaching Experience Programme – 19th – 23rd June 2017
Oaklands Catholic School and Sixth Form College is holding a five day taster course on the teaching profession (teaching pupils at any age group) designed for students who have recently completed A Levels or who are engaged in undergraduate study.
The five day course will include…
- Lesson observations at secondary and primary school levels
- Working with teachers in subjects of your choice
- The opportunity to deliver teaching and lead learning for a section of a lesson in the company of the classroom teacher
- Presentations on different aspects of teaching in mixed ability state schools
- Information on the different ways to train to teach
- Workshops with recently qualified teachers
- Guidance on how to secure employment and promotion in the teaching profession
- A presentation from the course participants to a selection of Oaklands teaching staff on their own learning during the programme
- A letter of participation signed by the Head Teacher to record your work experience
This course requires a commitment to the full five days of the programme from 0830 to 1600 daily, smart professional attire, willingness to undertake a safeguarding check and to provide photographic and documentary proof of identity.
If you would like to be a part of this programme, please provide your full name and postal address, a contact telephone number and e-mail address, your date of birth and which curriculum subject(s) you would be most interested in working with at Oaklands (if you have a special interest in primary teaching, we would be able to place you in core subjects such as English, Maths and Science).
Replies should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 5th of June 2017