Oaklands Parents' Association
Oaklands Parents’ Association
The Oaklands Parents’ Association (OPA) engage with the school and aim to enhance each student’s experience at the school.
As a parent/guardian of a child at Oaklands Catholic School and Sixth Form College you are most welcome to be a part of the OPA. A group of parents meet once a month supported by Dawn Brettell, the School Business Support Manager, and our aim is to provide a closer link between the school and home so that we can work in partnership.
- Our focus is to update parents/guardians on matters relating to the school
- We help provide an opportunity for parents/guardians/students to communicate their views e.g. uniform, behavioural policy etc
- We provide support and refreshments at school events e.g. Parents’ Evenings, Open and Information Evenings, Social Events
- Nearly New Uniform Sales – open at 4pm on the first Friday of each half term. For urgent requests please email email@example.com
- Main Fundraising Event – Christmas Market and Craft Fayre. Please click here for more information
Our meetings take place on the first Monday of each month at 7.30pm in the Sixth Form Block. Please do come and join us! We can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nicky Woolhead (Acting Chair)
Andrea Hills (Acting Vice Chair)
Mary Hancox (Secretary)
Timea Iacob (Treasurer)
Dawn Brettell (School Business Support Manager)
Claire Hurry (50:50 Club)
Sarah Ditcham (A Team Coordinator)
Parents, staff and friends of Oaklands can purchase numbers in our monthly draw for £1 – you may have as many numbers as you wish. Each month’s takings are divided in two and one half is awarded as a cash prize to the winning number and the other half goes to the OPA funds. A draw takes place each month and the winner notified of their cash prize.
Please click here to download our 50:50 Club application form and return completed forms to Main Reception.
Please click here for further information and rules for the 50:50 Club.
OPA Annual General Meeting
Our next Annual General Meeting will take place on Monday 3rd June, 2019 at 7.30pm in the Sixth Form Block and everyone is warmly invited to attend. Last year’s OPA Chairperson’s Annual Report can be found here.