There are three exam papers at GCSE:
1. Living with the Physical Environment (1.5 hours) – 35%.
2. The World Around Us (1.5 hours) – 35%
3. Geographical Skills (1.5 hours) – 30% (based on two field trips and a pre-release booklet available from the March before the exam)
Exam Board: AQA
Exam board specification weblink: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/geography/gcse/geography-8035
Year 10 Topics
Year 11 Topics
Revision Guides for the new GCSE - all pdf. Written by the department for the students.
For a skills work booklet click here (general skills required for the GCSE, which can be examined across all three papers).
Living with the Physical Environment topics (Physical paper)
The World Around Us topics (Human paper)
- Urban issues and Challenges click here
- Challenge of Resource Management click here
- The Changing Economic World click here (not quite ready yet)
Geography Paper 3
We will produce a 'mock' paper in the style of the sample paper that AQA produced when the specification was released. This will appear here soon.