Prevent is 1 of the 4 elements of CONTEST, the government's counter-terrorism strategy. It aims to stop people becoming terrorists or supporting terrorism.
The Prevent strategy:
- responds to the ideological challenge we face from terrorism and aspects of extremism, and the threat we face from those who promote these views
- provides practical help to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism and ensure they are given appropriate advice and support
- works with a wide range of sectors (including education, criminal justice, faith, charities, online and health) where there are risks of radicalisation that we need to deal with.
Please see the document below for the full text of the Oaklands Catholic School Prevent Strategy.
A useful guide for Parents has been produced by Tower Hamlets and an amended version is available below. If parents have any concerns there are three options:
- Contact the school and ask to speak to either Mrs Oldroyd,or Mel Brooks
- Contact Hampshire Children’s Services on 0300 555 1384 email@example.com
- Phone 101 to speak to the police.